WL&H Medical Telemedicine Services
Providing you telemedicine services from the comforts of your own home
Updated 17 February 2020
Dear Valued Patients,
We hope that you have all been well and that you and your families have been taking extra precaution in light of the COVID-19 virus.
We understand that during this time, some of our patients are worried about unnecessary exposure, particularly to a clinical or medical environment, and yet, still require medical attention or medication.
In an attempt to address these concerns as well as provide greater convenience and care to our patients, WL&H Medical will be rolling out telemedicine services for all of our patients. This service will allow us to deliver specific basic medical services to you from the comfort and safety of your home.
What does WL&H Medical Telemedicine Service Offer?
1. Basic consultation with our GP for the following conditions:
- Health Screening Review
- Review of Chronic Conditions (If you have your own blood pressure cuff or diary)
- Aches and Pains
- Dermatological Conditions
- Eye Infections
- Simple Headaches and Migraines
- Constipation and Diarrhoea
- Prescription of Contraceptives
- Simple Urinary Tract Infections
2. Option for express delivery of medication or self-collection from our clinic.
3. Our telemedicine service is only available during the clinical hours of 9:30am to 12:30pm.
How does it work?
- You can call our clinic at +65 6662 9366 to make a telemedicine appointment or make a booking at www.wlhmedical.com. When using the appointment system, please indicate that you would like to proceed with telemedicine.
- You will be sent a secure video link for your telemedicine consult to your registered email. Please note that you will require a computer or mobile device with access to a camera, microphone and stable internet connection.
- Click on the link at your allotted appointment. You will be required to submit your credit or debit card details for billing purposes. (By doing so, you authorise WL&H Medical Services to charge you for any services not covered by your insurance)
- When the doctor is available, they will automatically join the telemedicine session. Do note that you may experience some wait time depending on the clinic’s volume.
- At the conclusion of the session, you will receive a summary and an invoice in your registered email for the charges and medication (if any). Your credit card will automatically be billed for the charges. If you feel there is any error or wish to dispute the charges, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to speak with you.
Please note that if are not a pre-existing patient with our clinic, we will need to a phone registration to register you into our system. If you are an existing patient, no additional registration will be necessary.
Charges for Telemedicine Services
We have attempted to minimise and limit our charges for this service, however as with all things there are still unavoidable third-party charges that are involved, and we seek your kind understanding on this. For our telemedicine service the charges are as follows:
Basic Telemedicine Consultation Fee : S$22.00
Express Delivery of Medications : S$10.00
Self-Collection of Medications : No charge
* All charges are not inclusive of any medication charges and GST
For Insurance Patients
1. For Insurance Patients, you may use your insurance to claim for the telemedicine consultation and medications as per normal.
2. Your insurance does not cover delivery fee of medications. Delivery of medications will have to be paid via credit card or you can visit the clinic to collect your medications at no extra charge.
3. As a condition of use of our telemedicine service, all patients who wish to utilise their insurance to claim for the telemedicine consultation hereby agree to authorise the clinic to sign their respective insurance attendance sheet(s) on their behalf if they do not wish to be physically present in the clinic.
Limitations of Telemedicine Service
While technology is an enabler, there are still limitations and it is important to know what they are. Some of these limitations include:
- Our capability in diagnosing and treating certain conditions will be limited. Our doctor may assess that your condition is not be diagnosable via telemedicine alone and may recommend that you come into the clinic for proper assessment. On the same note, our doctor may decline to provide a diagnosis or prescribe medication if he or she feels that they are unable to conduct a proper assessment via the telemedicine service alone. We hope you understand that your care is our utmost concern and we do not want to run the risk of a misdiagnosis.
- There may be technical faults which are out of our control. If in the event a fault or error occurs, we will do our best to rectify them, however, if it is a critical technological fault, we may not be able to deliver our telemedical service.
- Telemedicine is not a substitution for proper assessment and diagnosis. While we endeavour to provide you with the best service, our care and concern for your health is our utmost priority. If you feel that your condition is fairly serious, please do make an appointment and physically come to the clinic. Do not make a telemedicine appointment. We will not be able to make our diagnoses as telemedicine as compared to an in-person consultation.
- WL&H Medical Service may choose to end the telemedicine service at any point in time without prior notice. Patients with existing appointment will be contacted in this event to reschedule the appointment at their earliest convenience.
- Medication delivery is only available for locations within Singapore.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our clinic at +65 6662 9366 and our staff would be more than happy to assist you.
Terms & Conditions:
Click here for full Terms & Conditions.
By accepting to use the telemedicine services, you are hereby authorising WL&H Medical Service Pte Ltd to charge your credit card for any products or services rendered which is not covered by your insurance (if any).