Getting to Know Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular Disease (heart disease and stroke) is one of the top causes of death in Singapore, accounting for 1 in 3 deaths every year. Indeed, Coronary Artery Disease or ‘CAD’ is one of the most common forms of heart disease that affects individuals today.
Coronary Artery Disease develops when the major blood vessels that supply your heart with blood, oxygen and nutrients (coronary arteries) become damaged, blocked or diseased. Cholesterol deposits (plaque) in your arteries are usually the main causes of artery blockage.
When plaque builds up, it narrows your coronary arteries – thereby decreasing blood flow to your heart. Eventually, the decreased blood flow may cause chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, or other coronary artery disease signs and symptoms. In many cases, a complete blockage can cause a heart attack. As Coronary Artery Disease often develops over decades, many do not notice a problem until they have a significant blockage or a heart attack. Therefore, early intervention makes a large difference in preventing Coronary Artery Disease.
Your Risk of Coronary Artery Disease
The Genesis Cardiogenomics Heart Attack Panel sheds light on your body’s propensity to contract Coronary Artery Disease by analysing your genetic cardiac risk factors.
Through the identification of specific genetic variants linked to an increased risk of developing heart-related conditions, the Cardiogenomics Panel provides information on your Coronary Artery Disease risk over time and estimates how much of your risk is due to modifiable and non-modifiable factors.
Knowing that you are at risk early will give you a head start to improve your lifestyle and to aid in reducing your risk factors for CAD.
CARDIOGENOMICS HEART ATTACK PANEL
Key Genes Identified
- Genetic variants linked to an increased risk of developing Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- The Cardiogenomic Heart Attack Panel includes an in-depth post consultation by a Cardiac Specialist who will provide genetic counselling and advise you on the various lifestyle and risk factors that can be modified to lower your risk of CAD
Benefits of Cardiogenomics Heart Attack Panel
- Identification of modifiable risk factors such as stress, smoking and high blood pressure
- Identification of non-modifiable risk factors such as age, gender, ethnicity and family history
- Provides information on your CAD risk over time and estimates how much of your risk is due to modifiable and non-modifiable factors
Book An Appointment
Shaw Centre, 1 Scotts Road, #20-11/13
|Mon – Fri:||9.30am – 12.30pm
2.00pm – 5.00pm (Last Appointment at 4:30pm)
|Sat:||9.30am – 12.30pm|
WL&H Cardiovascular Centre
Gleneagles Medical Centre, 6 Napier Road,
Suite #04-10, Singapore 258499
|Mon – Fri:||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Sat:||9.00am – 1.00pm|