Dr. Constance Lo
MBBS (Singapore), MRCP (United Kingdom), FAMS (Respiratory Medicine)
Consultant Respiratory Medicine & Physician
Director Breathing Centre
Dr. Constance Lo is currently a consultant respiratory physician at Gleneagles Medical Centre. Prior to this, she was a senior consultant at the Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Singapore General Hospital. Dr Lo obtained her MBBS from the National University of Singapore in 1990. She trained in general internal medicine under the Ministry of Health, and obtained her MRCP, UK in 1995.
Clinic : Respiratory Medical Associates
In 2000, she was awarded a Health Manpower Development Award to pursue a year’s clinical fellowship in Respiratory Medicine at the University of Toronto, Canada with exposure to Thoracic Oncology, transplantation medicine and Sleep Medicine. This was followed by a 3 month attachment in Marseille, France, to train in Interventional Pulmonology and Medical Thoracoscopy (Pleuroscopy).
In addition to the general pulmonology and bronchoscopy service in the Hospital, Dr Lo covered speciality clinic at the sleep disorders unit (with special interest in sleep-related breathing disorders) and was part of the department’s Medical Thoracoscopy team, with experience in ultrasound guided pleural drainage, diagnostic and therapeutic medical thoracoscopy. She has been invited to teach in both local and regional meetings, including the 1st Asia Pacific region conference of the International Union against TB and Lung Disease 2007, 2nd Asia Pacific Congress of Bronchology July 2007, Pleura and Pleuroscopy workshop 2010, and Malaysian Thoracic Society annual congress 2009.
She was appointed as a clinical lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore from 2008-2011, and was involved in both undergraduate and advanced specialty teaching in Respiratory Medicine. She has been the supervisor to the Respiratory Therapy Department, Singapore General Hospital from 2001-2011, and has a keen interest in the advancing technology of non-invasive ventilation.
- C Lo, BS Tan, AAL Hsu, P Eng. Treatment of Severe Carinal Stenosis with overlapping metallic endoprosthesis. Ann Thoracic Surgery 2001; 7: 1335-36
- C Lo, AAL Hsu, P Eng .Endobronchial Stenting in patients requiring mechanical ventilation for major airway obstruction. Ann Acad Med 2000; 29 : 66 – 70
- Prospective evaluation of flex-rigid pleuroscopy for indeterminate pleural effusion: accuracy, safety and outcome. Lee P, Hsu AAL, C Lo, Colt HG. Respirology 2007 12:881-6
- AAL Hsu, C Lo. Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy in Sleep Apnea. Respirology 2003;8 : 447-454
- Choo SP, Lim DW, C Lo, Koong HN, Tao M, Lim CH. Variable Problems in lymphomas: case 1 Burkitts Lymphoma presenting with central airway obstruction. J Clin Oncol 2005 ;23: 112-3
- C Lo. Sleep and Cardiovascular diseases. Sleep Handbook for Doctors, Singapore Sleep Society (2008), Sleep and Cardiovascular diseases
- C. Lo, P. Eng. Lung Cancer. In: Ong Y.Y., Woo K.T., Ng H.S., P. Tan, Tang O.T., eds. A Clinical Approach to Medicine. Singapore: World Scientific, 2001